Visitor Visa UK
Usually, individuals looking forward to paying a short-term visit to the UK can apply for the Visitor Visa UK. This visa allows you to stay in the UK for a variety of reasons i.e. leisure, visiting a friend/family, medical treatment, or business.
The maximum duration of stay for this visa is six months. However, a person visiting the UK after regular intervals for business purposes can apply for a visa with an extended limit.
Who can apply for the Visitor Visa UK?
A person can apply for this visa if he/she is planning to enter the UK for these reasons:
- For a leisure trip
- Attending a meeting, training, or conference
- Visiting the UK for some health-related issues
- Want to participate in a sports-related event
- Coming to the UK as a performer i.e. musician, artist, or entertainer
Before applying for a Visitor Visa UK, you must ensure that you can meet eligibility requirements. For this purpose, you need to prove that:
- You are intending to visit the UK for any of the acceptable reasons i.e. business, leisure, medical, or a family visit.
- You must have valid evidence to prove that you will leave the UK after the expiry of 6 months
- You own or have access to sufficient funds to cater for your accommodation and other needs while staying in the UK. (Without accessing the public funds)
Any document that can support your Visitor Visa UK should be attached with the visa application. Without proper documentation, the chances of getting your visa approved are quite low. Failure to attach the supportive document is among the most usual reasons for a visa refusal.
To avoid happening this, make sure to provide all the essential documents. The most common of these include:
- A document showing your identity i.e. passport or travel document
- Bank statements showing your financial circumstances
- Documentary evidence to prove your reason for a visit
- Document/s proving that you will leave the UK before six months
If the supporting documents are in a language other than English or Welsh, you must provide certified English translations of such documents.
Each translated document must include:
- A confirmation or authentication from the translator regarding the accuracy of such a translation
- Must include the date when a document was translated
- The name, contact information, and signature of the translator
What you are Permitted to Do Under this Visa?
When living in the UK, the holder of a Visitor Visa UK is permitted to do the following things.
- Visit the family/friends
- Attend business meetings
- Visit a doctor/healthcare facility
- Take part in leisure activities.
What you are not Permitted to Do Under this Visa?
A Visitor Visa UK doesn’t permit the following actions.
- Work (paid or unpaid)
- Get admission in a course of study exceeding 6 months
- Access to the public funds
- Living in the UK for a period longer than six months
- Marry or register a civil partnership
How we can Help?
We have an experienced team of UK immigration experts. Hence, you can rely on us when you need any assistance regarding your Visitor Visa UK application. We will be there with you starting from the initial consultation until the final decision of your visa application.
For free consultation and queries, just contact us today!
- Who can apply for the Visitor Visa UK?
- Eligibility Requirements
- Documents Required
- What you are Permitted to Do Under this Visa?
- What you are not Permitted to Do Under this Visa?
- How we can Help